Here are 6 ways a steam shower can help improve your overall health and wellbeing:
- Better circulation – yes, steam helps improve how the blood flows around your body. Vasodilation – the enlarging of the blood vessels – results from exposure to steam in steam showers or a steam room. That’s why steam is used commonly in health clubs and spas. Enhanced blood flow makes us feel energized and also allows essential nutrients and vitamins to be delivered throughout our bodies more effectively and efficiently.
- Deep cleansing – steam helps open the skin pores and this allows pores to become unclogged. Deep cleaning of the skin leaves it softer, more supple, and glowing. A simple steam session for about 20 minutes a week can help keep pimples, blackheads and other common skin blemishes at bay. A steam session is also an excellent precursor to shaving or exfoliation treatments.
- Post-exercise recuperation – most people know that feeling when muscles are tired following a vigorous workout or strenuous physical activity. Soaking in a steam shower can heap relieve muscular tension and pain and help muscle tissue quickly recover. Alternating between steam and a cool shower can help flush out the metabolic waste which builds up in muscles during exercise resulting in a feeling of fatigue and muscle soreness.
- Say goodbye to stress – steam therapy has long been a cure for combating stress. A steam session in the evening can help your body relax, clear the airways and allow you to breathe more deeply and easily – leading to an overall feeling of wellbeing and alleviation of stress. What’s more, it sets you up for a super relaxing and deep sleep, allowing your body to fully recover from the day’s demands. You’ll wake in the morning feeling like the proverbial ‘new’ person.
- Detoxification – while it might not sound very glamorous, detoxification of our bodies is essential. Day to day living causes our bodies to accumulate many toxins and much waste – and the buildup of these over time can lead to health problems in the future. Detoxing helps keep bodily systems in balance and create a feeling of general wellbeing.
- Helping weight control – while enjoying a steam session alone will not dramatically lead to weight loss – steam therapy does have the effect of raising the body’s metabolism, which in turn helps burn more calories. So as part of a healthy diet and exercise regimen, steam can help by playing an important role in helping you control your weight.
With the fantastic range and choice of steam showers to install in your home – there’s never been a better time to enjoy all the features and health benefits of steam, all within the privacy of your own home.